Eureka! Factory creates customized Creative Space development packages, produced in collaboration with individuals, agencies or organizations interested in developing makerspaces, FabLabs or community innovation centers.
Each customized kit includes a
- Community Inventory of potential collaborative partners in business, professional associations, community services and education
- Suppliers list, with local resources wherever possible
- Ready-to-use space plan
- Program recommendations
- Draft organizational documents, and
- Evaluation recommendation for measuring outcomes
all tailored to the needs of organizers.
- The Hive, at the John F. Germany Library, Tampa (Hive website )
- The Foundry at Land O’Lakes Branch Library, Pasco County, FL (Foundry website)
Provided Consultation & Training Services
- New Port Richey Library (Summer 2015)
- Tampa Hillsborough County Public Library (2015)- Staff Development for all librarians
- Tampa Bay Library Consortium (2014)
Our goal is to help clients develop sustainable, enduring and productive makerspaces, FabLabs and community innovation centers that can revitalize existing programs, repurpose underutilized space or launch new spaces to better serve stakeholder communities and provide new avenues of enjoyment, fulfillment and success for all users. Central to the success of this goal is ground up development that leverages the interest and support of stakeholders. Additionally, providing a resource toolkit specific to each facility that takes into consideration staff capabilities, community needs and preferences, volunteer capacity and collaborative possibilities helps ensure long term program sustainability and growth.
Our Creative Space consultation program is a multi-step process to develop capacity building capabilities within facilities to better connect them with community resources and partners, and make better use of internal skill sets and community partners of which organizers may not be fully aware. This process includes:
- Stakeholder Inventory of service area community, including identification of potential collaborative partners in business, professional associations, community services and education
- Focus group meeting with staff and volunteers to identify areas of need, interest and capability
- Interactive training and orientation to Creative Culture with hands on learning opportunities for staff and volunteers in the types of activities and programs that can be offered to patrons
- Facility evaluation to consider potential improved or repurposed space use to better accommodate innovative programming or possible innovation space development
- Delivery of customized Creative Space resource kit that includes, as relevant and desired, space use plan, programming suggestions, organizational documents, partner recommendations, and evaluation tools for measuring outcomes
- Follow up advisory support
Please Contact the Eureka! Factory to arrange for a free visit to assess your needs and provide a quote for your customized creative space needs.
Eureka Factory is a verified MyFloridaMarketPlace Vendor, and an approved vendor for Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas Counties.